Sunday 2 December 2012

ANGELS AND DEMONS by DanBrown


I happened to see my classmate slipping out the pages of some 500 pages book and that’s how I got my treasure. “Robert Langdon”, the only name which created hype in me after Robert Pattinson, a fair cold-blooded vampire in twilight series. The former name is not just the hero of the book but also my virtual inspiration. Being a professor of religious iconology and symbolism , the way he solves the mystery by his theory of relating the illuminati’s with his historical knowledge to depict the reason for people being killed and the places where they are meant to be killed are  just mind freaking. Though my inspiration appears to be a nerd in the beginning, the author has brought out the other side of Langdon in an excellent way with the lead female character, Vittoria vetra-Scientist of CERN. Even when she knew that Leonardo vetra wasn’t her own father, the way she gets emotional when he is murdered, makes us to understand that no blood -relationship is needed to have love on someone, that doesn’t fade. She acts little frantic at the start but then, tries to be practical and supports Langdon in full fledge to find the odd one.


Vittoria is more intelligent than Langdon but only their team work would end up fruitfully every time. Olivetti, the commander of Vatican City is sketched as a determined soul to his work and to his country. I must say that the sentiments by the author with this character by sacrificing his life for nation have worked out successfully and would make anyone think that he must be the next Olivetti of his nation. Dan Brown adds up the thrill exponentially by the serial killing of cardinals in churches in presence of public. Never in my life have I dreamt of a book that would spoil my sleep and make me scream out of fear in night but now “ANGELS AND DEMONS by DAN BROWN did that. Nobody could forget Langdon’s Mickey Mouse watch, and his way of misspelling prana as piranha yoga even at extremely life –threatening scenes.Maximilian Kohler,a Paralyzed person, with his wheel chair attached with electronic gadgets like camera,phone,pager appears to be a perfect head of CERN and work loving man. Other roles like Captain Rocher, Hassasin, and Carlo Ventresca that made up this novel are characterized in different manner that makes this book unique. I would rate this book as my favorite one in my book shelf because, Langdon made me learn to handle things logically, Vittoria taught me to be bold and brave enough to handle the situations, Olivetti for his determination, Kohler for his love with his work and finally the Master mind DAN BROWN who invoked my thoughts and made me think that I could be an creator of other such or even better books in future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment