Sunday 1 July 2012

Height of Stupidity!!

I am a gal, crazy about inter college symposiums, seminars, events, workshops or whatever you call it! I attend many such things bunking my colleges. The next day I would get in for classes producing a dummy Medical Certificate (MC). "Dream spark yatra" - an event conducted by Microsoft was held on 6th March this year. Info passed into my ears about this event a day before. After a discussion with friends through calls I decided to have 2 of them with me for participating in it.



I called the event organizer and asked for details of the event. He told me that its fine for anyone to attend but it’s hard to get a participant certificate here. In turn to gain his sympathy and certificate I said that my college does not provide on duty permissions and extracurricular activities with some extra spice to it. Finally the organizer accepted to give us the certificates.




The plans for going to the “Dream Spark Yatra” was sorted out in the 11th hour and we 3 of us attended the event. We won few pen drives and had certificate when we returned back. We were on cloud nine to have a Microsoft Certificate with us though it was damn silly!




Next day, in the college, I went with my usual drama of a fake MC. My principal caught up my throat by asking "You had been to DREAM SPARK YATRA and acting here with a MC?" His anger grew upon us as he continued with many scolding. This made me realize that I am in a trap having no backdoor and I had to accept the truth. After confessing I asked my principal as how he knew this truth. His reply really shocked three of us to the core. The thing was that my principal’s son was the organizer of the event! We experienced the meaning of Coincidence! Though it was a great shock for us we three looked at each other and bursted into laugh for our stupidity! And now whenever I hear about some events I ask for the details of the organizer before asking about the Event details!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment